CSM in Honolulu, HI
CSM in Honolulu, HI
By earning a Certified ScrumMaster® certification you:
- Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices.
- Demonstrate to employers and peers your attainment of core Scrum knowledge.
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Certified ScrumMaster’s role from the best minds in Scrum.
- Engage with a community of recognized Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement.
As a CSM, you will be able to fill the role of ScrumMaster or Scrum team member. Through the certification process, you will gain an understanding of the Scrum framework, including team roles, activities, meetings, and artifacts.
Additionally, with your CSM certification, you will have access to local user groups, online social networks, and additional resources that are only available to Scrum Alliance members.
In addition, CSMs receive a profile page on the SCRUM ALLIANCE® website and have access to a specially designed logo to highlight their credentials.
- Learn the concepts of Core Scrum; get ready to pass the CSM test
- Focus on your challenges and questions
- Explore technically challenging projects using Scrum
- Discuss distributed teams and global organizations from a Scrum perspective
- Learn about requirements management, product backlogs, stories and epics
- Discuss roles not defined in Core Scrum: project and program manager, line management (dev lead, test lead), business analysts and the PMO organization
- Explore other subjects like people motivation, rewards and assessments
- Scrum Framework overview and Scrum Values discussion
- Roles in Scrum: Development Team, Product Owner, Scrum Master and the Scrum Team concept. Plus the mapping to the roles in your organization: developers, testers, the PMO, the development manager, the QA manager, architects, stakeholders, managers.
- Product Backlog: the concepts of “five levels of planning”; principles of just in time detail; refinement of the backlog, when and how; user stories, format and use
- Estimating the work on the backlog
- Prioritizing work on the backlog
Come Scrum With Us!
A Certified ScrumMaster® helps project teams properly use Scrum, increasing the likelihood of the project's overall success. CSM's understand Scrum values, practices, and applications and provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers. CSM's act as "servant leaders," helping the rest of the Scrum team work together and learn the Scrum framework. CSM's also protect the team from both internal and external distractions.
Join us as we explore:
- The Agile Manifesto
- Scrum Foundations
- Scrum Team Roles & Responsibilities
- Scrum Ceremonies
- Estimating and Prioritization
- How to Scale Scrum
Every course includes the opportunity for you to apply the learning in a hands-on simulation project where you can interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds and industries. Each course participant will be provided with all of the course materials as well as additional Scrum resources.
§ Class registrations are not confirmed until billing/registrant information is received in full.
§ Reschedule and Substitution requests must be submitted via email with “Reschedule Request” or “Substitution” in the subject line to the email below. Requests are NOT accepted by telephone:firstname.lastname@example.org
§ Reschedule or substitution requests received by Ruck & Maul at least 11 full business days prior to the class start date are eligible for a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
§ Reschedule or substitution requests received less than 10 full business days prior to the class start date will incur a $150 administrative change fee however, absolutely no refunds will be issued for any reason whatsoever.
§ Registration fees are forfeited by the customer as a result of a no show. Forfeited or no show fees can be applied toward future public classes within 6 months of the original course start date, however absolutely no refunds will be issued for no shows for any reason whatsoever.
CANCELLATION & CHANGES BY RUCK & MAUL
ü Ruck & Maul reserves the right to cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment by providing notice to customer(s) at least 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled start date.
ü In the event of cancellation by Ruck & Maul, customer(s) may elect to receive a full refund of registration fees paid, or reschedule their course at no cost for a class of equal value.
ü Ruck & Maul will not be responsible whatsoever for purchased non-refundable transportation tickets or lodging reservations made by customer(s) for attendance at any event for any reason whatsoever.
*If a training class is cancelled by Ruck & Maul due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control (e.g. act of God or terrorism, weather, natural disaster), the customer is entitled to reschedule at no additional cost for a class of equal value within 6 months of the original start date however no refunds will be issued.